Eskom has suspended stage two blackouts. The power utility says the suspension is with effect from 5am on Friday after generation capacity recovered enough to enable it to stop the blackouts.
On Thursday, Eskom CEO, André de Ruyter, said that improvements in the power system had allowed the power utility to return electricity to normal ahead of schedule.
The country was plunged into darkness when stage four was announced earlier this week.
This was scaled down to stage two on Thursday.
Eskom Group CEO, Andre de Ruyter, is on Friday morning expected to brief the media on the utility’s system challenges.
For more info on the story, visit the SABCNEWS