The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) would again like to remind all its beneficiaries of the announced annual increases in line with the delivery of the Budget Speech.
Below are increases to be implemented from 01 April 2019 for each grant category:
- R80 increase on Old Age Grant from R1700 – R1780 and for beneficiaries over 75 years from R1720 – R1800
- R80 increase on Disability Grant from R1700 – R1780
- R80 increase on War Veterans Grant from R1720 – R1800
- R40 increase on Foster Care Grant from R960 – R1000
- R20 increase on Child Support Grant from R410 – R430
SASSA would like to further advice grant recipients that they do not have to withdraw all their social grants from their SASSA cards, as they can still access their social grants throughout the month.
The new Gold SASSA card operates as a normal bank card and money can be accessed at any time.
For further information, please contact:
Ms Nandi Mosia
SASSA Gauteng Spokesperson
ISSUED ON BEHALF OF: The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA)